Okay ladies! Let me just say that the single most important thing we can do if we want to be successful is to take care of ourselves. That means eating healthy (at least most of the time!), working fitness into our routines, getting plenty of rest, and pampering ourselves.
I know what you are saying: Hey, that all just takes too much time! I need to spend that time working.
I hear ya, honest. And I do have my days that are less than stellar. But I really do try to take care of myself most of the time. How do I fit all this in? Well, let me explain:
- I usually walk three times a week during the winter months, about a mile each time. Plus another couple of miles accumulated while running errands on foot. I take the bus to my day job, and have to walk to the bus stop.
- During the warm months, I walk more, averaging about seven miles a week. Plus many weeks I will walk three or more extra miles on a hiking day.
- During the winter, I’m trying to keep active with at least 20 minutes of Yoga a few times a week, plus I try to get up every hour when writing to do some stretches, clean, or use the hand weights. At work, I get up from my desk throughout the evening to do things like take out trash, go to the kitchen to make coffees, and walk around the inside of the inn.
- I eat a lot of salads, but I do admit that I have some weekends that I eat crappy food just because it is easy when I’m at work. I have to be super prepared. Most of the time I meal prep the day before I go back to work, so I can have all five meals and snacks that are healthy. I work forty-hours in four days every week, but that means I get three days off in a row to work on my writing!
- At least once a week I take time to do a little something for me. A facial, pamper my feet and hands, treat my hair to a nourishing conditioning. Something that will help me to feel relaxed.
- I’m learning to meditate 🙂
- I allow myself to sleep until I wake naturally on my three days off each week – most of the time.
You see, there are big things and little things we can be doing for ourselves that make a huge difference. And I’m sure you love to feel pampered as much as I do.
Why Pamper Yourself?
First, it feels good! I used to love soaking in a tub of hot water with a few drops of lavender or peppermint oil. The place I rent now has only a shower. I sure do miss having a tub! I still like sitting in my favorite chair sipping tea while reading a good book, with candles lit and placed on the stand next to me.
Second, it is good for your health! Taking care of yourself helps you to feel less stressed overall. Also, if you are eating right and adding fitness daily, you will find that your weight will stabilize. You’ll lose unwanted pounds, and feel better in general.
Third, your mind will be clearer and your body will have more energy. Who doesn’t want that! You won’t be as tired all the time, and you’ll have better focus.
Sounds like a win-win-win to me.
Good Ways to Pamper Yourself
Need some ideas to get you started?
- Spend a morning each week out on the back porch, or even at the park, with a cup of tea journaling and/or reading. The fresh air will do you good. Take a good look around you before beginning and just before going back inside. Notice all that nature has to offer.
- You can extend the number of those mornings if you want to have one or two where you are working but still enjoying the fresh air. For example, you might do your bookkeeping out on the back porch on Friday mornings, and go to the park on Monday mornings to add to your idea journal and plan out the coming week.
- Go for a manicure if it is in your budget.
- Pay a visit to your favorite thrift store for a couple of new business outfits, or at least some nice accessories that will spruce up your wardrobe.
- Add five minutes of stretching to your routine each morning and evening.
Want more ideas for pampering yourself?
Check this link out for a complimentary page of wonderful ways you can live a pampered life.
Have a relaxing day!