Success is not always easy to obtain, but having the right mindset makes it a bit easier. It’s essential that you stay positive, not take things too seriously, and remember when you’re feeling unmotivated, and like nothing is going right, that it will pass. Take a step back, clear your mind, and then start again.
I know that staying positive is sometimes more difficult than we would like. Things happen throughout the day to stress you out, and you’re not sure whether you are coming or going. I recently had a stressful few days trying to publish a book. It seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong. My best friend mentioned it was maybe because I wasn’t supposed to be doing that at the time, but all I could say was that it didn’t matter because I had to get it done.There was a deadline I needed to meet, even if it was self-imposed.
I did a little pampering to calm down one day, with mega amounts of positive self-talk. and I walked to clear my head another day. Both really helped to lower my stress levels.
So we all get off track, but it’s important to find our way back. Having a positive mindset sure does help.
Get rid of the negative self-talk.
You are good enough.
You got this!
Cultivate a positive mindset
Practice makes perfect, even where cultivating a positively successful mindset is concerned. Here are some ways you can do it:
- Spend 20 minutes doing yoga. Youtube has good yoga videos you can use. I do this about three times a week.
- Meditate for 15 – 20 minutes, while doing a facial. Again, I use Youtube to find nature sounds. I apply the facial mask, lay down on my back, and start the youtube video. I clear my mind, concentrating on slow breathing, and push out negative thoughts.
- Think positive thoughts.
- Repeat your motto/mantra often.
- Take a walk when you are real stressed. Clear your mind. Think good thoughts. Look at the beauty around you. Then allow your brain to concentrate on something else for a while: An exciting new project, for instance. When you get back home, you will be able to pick up where you left off and work in a much better mood.
- Incorporate relaxing mornings or evenings.
- Be sure to pamper yourself whenever you can.
While it is tempting to stay in your jammies when you work from home and wont be seeing anyone, I suggest you get dressed and fix your hair in at least a simple up-do. I wear leggings, but I like to put on a cute top or a nice blouse, and wear something pretty in my hair. You might even put on some lipstick, though full make-up is not necessary. The point in doing this is to feel a bit successful. When you look good you also feel good. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself you are a beautiful, successful woman. Because you are, and don’t forget it!
Stay positive! And love yourself <3